21 Tinder Openers & Tinder Pick Up Lines
Dating apps and websites are supposed to make your romantic journey a lot easier, but that’s not always the case. You’ll need the best Tinder openers if you want to succeed in digital romance. Tinder is great. It’s definitely one of the best things to happen to modern romance, bringing people closer and allowing random strangers to build connections faster. The process is quick, it’s completely easy, and it can transform your dating life completely.
The problem is that establishing your “elevator pitch” can be a bit complicated. You don’t have a lot of time to grab a woman’s attention, and if you don’t have the right Tinder pick-up lines to offer then your opportunity is out the door.
Your Tinder Bio
Here’s the thing: your Tinder bio is everything. Without the right Tinder openers, you’re not getting that girl to swipe right on you. Some men assume that the best thing they can do is to just go with something generic and boring, just so their page isn’t left blank.
That’s not good enough, and you know it. The last thing you want is to be forgettable, just like the thousand other profiles she’ll have to weed through every day.
Before you get completely frustrated and log off from Tinder for good, stop and re-think your entire strategy. Don’t get flustered. You have all the time you need to make an absolutely successful Tinder profile. It just takes a bit of work and some polish.
We’ve got the best Tinder openers to grab every girl’s attention right off the bat, but first — we’ll have to go over some of the Tinder basics to make sure you’re worthy of that swipe right.
Tinder 101: Building Your Profile
Remember how we mentioned your elevator pitch? That’s what your profile is, essentially. You only have a few seconds before a girl decides to swipe left and move on to the next guy.
Here are some key things to help you establish the perfect profile:
- Select the right photo. First of all, please don’t be deceptive with your profile picture. It’s not going to end well. You want a picture that doesn’t just show off your attractive face — you need it to exude a specific vibe. If you’re a fun outdoors man, a profile photo of you beaming at your favorite campsite can go a long way to convey just what sort of person you are.
- Keep your bio short. Two to three lines maximum, otherwise her eyes will just gloss over.
- This isn’t a job interview, so don’t go overboard with the details. You don’t have to talk about your academic background or your family details immediately. These are facts, but they don’t really tell your potential dates much about your personality.
- Don’t be antagonistic. Some guys think they can grab a girl’s attention by acting like a bad boy. They think it’s the best way to stand out in a crowd. Nope! Girls will simply roll their eyes at their nth bad boy profile and swipe left so fast your head will spin.
- Be funny. Humor goes a long way, especially if she’s just gone through a whole slew of boring profiles. Saying something unexpected like, “My hobbies include rock climbing, cooking, and fighting for the Oxford comma” can catch her eye and break the ice.
So, are you ready for the best Tinder pick-up lines? Get to work with one or more of these and your dating life will go from zero to a hundred right off the bat.
Tinder Pick-Up Lines and Great Conversation Openers
Here’s the thing: getting a girl to swipe right is just the first step. You might have won the battle, but can you win the war?
Without the right conversation opener, a girl can easily get bored and drop you like some hot potato. She’s got a bunch of other guys vying for her attention, so one wrong move and your chance with her is over.
Overall, you want to interact with her as a real person, the same way you would with someone you meet in real life. The worst thing you can do is to say something that you wouldn’t deem acceptable in a real world setting. If it’s unacceptable on a physical date, don’t use it as a conversation opener.
So, no sending or asking for nudes! That’s a hard and fast rule to remember, as it’s the fastest way to get shut down (or even reported). Don’t make lewd remarks about her looks, and definitely don’t take the conversation to a racy level right off the bat.
- I think you’re great. Wanna meet tomorrow night for a few drinks?
Get right to it. You might feel like being straightforward isn’t a good thing in online dating, but that’s where you’re wrong. If you both swiped right and you’re both feeling it, there’s no reason to beat around the bush.
What’s the worst thing that can happen? If she says no, then you didn’t have to spend a lot of time hemming and hawing and you can both move on to the next person.
Besides, being fearless in approaching a woman is sexy, and it also shows that you’re not hiding anything. It tells her that you’re not catfishing her, and that you’re confident in what you have to offer.
- Would you like to meet my dog?
Pets make great conversation starters, and no woman can resist that line. Send a photo of your dog immediately to seal the deal.
Whether or not she actually goes on that date with you is another matter entirely. For now, you’ve got her full attention and it shows that you’re a loving, caring person who’s in a happy home with a lovely pet. That already says tons more about you than any lengthy diatribe can.
- Are those the new Adidas Stan Smiths? I’ve been thinking of getting a pair myself.
Okay, so it doesn’t have to be those shoes specifically, but you get the point. Look at her profile picture and anything else she’s shared, and compliment her. Saying something about her physical looks can be a tricky area to traverse.
Some women don’t like it when you come right out with “hey beautiful eyes” because it can get very sleazy. Instead, zone in on her outfit and find something you’re genuinely interested in. It might be vintage shoes, or the latest shirt from Commes de Garcon. Whatever it is, that’s a good talking point to start off your conversation.
- I went to the same university! What’s your major?
Read her profile and see if you have any similarities. For some people within the same vicinity, it could be the same university. You don’t have to limit the conversation to just your academic background, but it’s a useful jumping off point while you’re getting to know each other.
- Where do you stand on the pineapple on pizza debate?
Hey, it doesn’t have to be completely serious to succeed. Sometimes, a fun debate can be the best way to start off an interesting conversation. There are several great options you can go with.
“Gif” is still a debate-worthy issue, and practically every week you can find fun topics on social media. These things that go viral can be used to jumpstart a fun conversation.
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
Get her to talk about herself and there’s a good chance you’ll be able to keep the ball rolling. Instead of being a conversation hog or talking about yourself non-stop, giving her the floor means you learn more about her and it gives you a chance to stand out from the crowd.
- Do you think your cat would like me? I can bring catnip.
If a girl has her pet in her profile picture make sure — make super sure — you acknowledge that baby. She loves her pet enough to add him to the profile, so taking care to talk about the pet is a great way to start things off on the right foot.
- I think we’ve met. Were you at that party last week?
There’s a real possibility that you run within the same social circles, since Tinder does take location into consideration. If you think you’ve met her before, let her know. Just remember not to be creepy about it, or to sound like you’re stalking her.
Mention an event like a party where you genuinely think you’ve seen her before, and go from there.
- Pancakes or waffles? I’m buying.
This is a definite variation on asking her out for drinks right off the bat, but this time you’re adding a cute little twist. Everybody loves breakfast food, and you get the opportunity to ask her out without making things awkward.
Plus, you’re still getting to know what she’s like, with just a simple question. You’re putting the ball in her court now, and you might just get a date out of this simple conversation opener.
- What’s your personal best?
This is an excellent conversation starter for athletic women. Look over her profile and if her profile shows her post-marathon or at the gym — this is the best line to get her interested.
Any woman — or man, for that matter — loves the competitiveness that athleticism brings. It doesn’t have to be a competition with others, even. When you talk about your personal best, you’re competing with yourself. You’re dealing with your own weaknesses and surpassing them.
Anyone with athletic inclinations would be beyond stoked to share their fitness journey with you.
Here are 11 more opening lines that can make your foray into Tinder a lot more successful. Get cracking!
- You remind me of [insert celebrity]. Do you get that a lot? Just make sure not to be too pandering or she’ll sense that you’re not being genuine. Run with the compliment but don’t go overboard with it.
- Is that a Star Wars poster behind you? I love the prequels! Take a look at their profile and you’ll see what parts of their personality they’d like to highlight. Use this as a guide and may the force be with you.
- That’s a really lovely tattoo, where did you get it done? Commenting on her physical features is a tricky avenue, as we’ve said, but finding something interesting (especially something she’s proud of, like a displayed tattoo) can be a good way to start off on the right foot.
- I see you’re vegan. What’s your favorite restaurant so I can take you there? Take the bull by the horns — some people avoid vegans like the plague but if you can mention it and not make a big deal out of it, you’ve already got foot in the door.
- How was your day? Okay, so it’s not the most exciting question. However, sometimes people just need someone to talk to, and asking about their day is the best thing you can do for them. It’s a good way to get the ball rolling, at least.
- I’ve never watched The Notebook but I’ll watch it with you. Netflix and chill? Adjust as you see fit, because the film in question will depend on what her profile tells you about her preferences.
- Cool profile picture. What’s the best country you’ve ever visited? You’re learning about her, and letting her know that you’re not just another guy trying to send her inane messages on a dating app.
- I’ve never met a tap dancer. Are there any places around here where I can watch performances? Remember when we said treat your potential partner like a real live person? That’s all there is to it. These are the things you’ll say to a tap dancer you’ve met in real life, and you should do the exact same on Tinder.
- I’ve got bendy thumbs. Anything weird I should know about you? Humor is your superpower on Tinder, and opening with something that throws her off balance will make her a lot more comfortable and get her to respond.
- Your profile says you’re into wine. Have you been to the monthly local wine tasting event? Girls love it when you actually read what they wrote. It tells them you’re interested in more than just their photo. Plus, you get to invite them to an event that you already know they’ll be interested in attending.
- What’s your star sign? I’m whatever romantically matches yours. A little cheese never hurt anybody. This joke might not be appropriate for the girl you’ve matched with, so find a different one that fits her profile a lot more. Don’t overthink it: just go for it.
You may also like...
You May Also Like
Sponsored Ads By JMW Media