Bumble Pick Up Lines — 40 That Actually Work!
Don’t know what to say to break the ice on a dating app? Here are forty of the most highly effective Bumble pick up lines you can choose from.
Bumble may not be as big as Tinder just yet, but this dating app is poised to be an equally formidable site. Its primary hook — women get to take the lead.
Face it, a lot of women are wary of dating apps because they tend to be inundated with the worst that mankind has to offer. Ask any woman who’s ever been on something like Tinder; chances are, they have received unwanted dick pics, sexually harassing messages, and a whole lot more.
Bumble aims to be a suitable alternative, providing a safe space for women who just want to find a match without going through all of that stress. The app does so simply by putting the power solely in the woman’s hands, allowing her to take the reins.
Only women can initiate a conversation after getting a match on Bumble, so they have the option to ignore those who are blatantly creepy or anyone they don’t want to interact with. The matches will expire eventually, so they can just focus on the ones that they’re interested in.
Now, the dilemma: a lot of women aren’t used to taking the lead. Society has made it man’s burden to make the first move, so a lot of women don’t know how to or are afraid to take the first step.
That being said, it doesn’t mean women can’t learn how to be more forward! This is your perfect opportunity to exercise that power and connect with the men you’re interested in. No more waiting for them to come to you (except, of course, you still need to match, but you get what we mean).
Before we start talking about effective Bumble pick up lines, let’s start with a few helpful tips. This is going to be especially useful if you’ve never made the first move in your life.
First of all, be confident. Think of it this way: you’ve already matched, so that means he’s interested. That’s a good first step. Don’t be scared to reach out and talk to him. That’s what the app is for!
Second, don’t go with a very corny “hi”. That’s the worst thing you can do! He’s got a lot of other options, and a very lukewarm greeting is something he can overlook easily. This is why we’ve got excellent Bumble pick up lines to share with you, so you don’t have to resort to the dorkiest “hello”.
Third, there’s nothing wrong with a little sexy talk. There’s no reason to completely avoid some naughty banter, but always make sure that you’re on the same page. You don’t want to be too aggressive and send the wrong message.
More importantly, don’t write checks you can’t cash. If you’re not ready to take things to a more sexual level, pull back. Again, you are in control. There’s no reason to take the conversation to a level you’re not ready for.
Finally, don’t be afraid to be goofy. Bumble has a reputation for being the better app for relationships rather than hookups. That means you want to connect with people on a deeper level, and that can include having the same sense of humor.
There’s no need to be too formal or stuffy. Let your humor shine through and don’t be scared to hit them with a few funny Bumble pick up lines to keep things light and entertaining. Your personality is crucial, and you want that to come across even just through casual conversations.
So, are you ready? Let’s take a look.
- “I’m going to be honest with you. I swiped right 50% because you’re cute, and 50% because I love your dog. What’s his name?”
Hey, he started it. When it comes to dating apps, everyone knows that using your pets is the easiest way to get people to swipe right. Why not use this to start your conversation anyway? Complimenting someone’s cute pets is always a good way to break the ice.
- “On a scale of one to the United States of America, how free are you for drinks this evening?”
This one’s a classic, and people have used this line at one point or another. Even so, this line is more well-received than most Bumble pick up lines, because it’s funny and inoffensive. Besides, it is direct and you get to ask him out straight away. Men like that approach, so there’s no harm in trying.
- “Brunch or dinner?”
Again, you’re putting the ball in his court. There’s no need to waste each other’s time. After all, the goal of using a dating app is to get an actual date, right?
- “I just bought kiss-proof lipstick, and I need a lab partner to test its claims. Are you in?”
Cheeky! Sure, we don’t want to get too aggressive right off the bat, but if you’re feeling frisky and you’re not afraid to show it, this is a great line to try out.
- “I can’t believe we’ve known each other for a minute and still haven’t exchanged numbers.”
For a lot of women, taking the lead and asking for a guy’s number isn’t the usual routine. However, there’s nothing wrong with being forward. If you know what you want, go for it.
- “Did you do something to my eyes? Because I can’t take them off you.”
Everyone’s heard some variation of this line at some point, but it works. Just remember to funny rather than serious when using these cliche pick up lines.
- “I’ve been trying to get back into the gym. Got any workout tips?”
Look at the guy’s profile and see if there are a few things you can pick up. If he talks about the gym and posts a few selfies of him in good shape, this is a great line. It shows that you have common interests and are potentially compatible.
- “Is that really you sky diving in your photo? I’d love to try that out, too, some time!”
Again, make use of the information provided in his profile. You want to build rapport by finding common ground.
- “Waffles or pancakes? I need to know what you prefer for breakfast.”
This is as forward as forward gets. When you’re talking about breakfast, you’re essentially channeling Aziz Ansari’s classic Whole Foods pick up line. Proceed with caution.
- “Well, you look like trouble.”
Mysterious, cool, and potentially intriguing.
- “Your eyes are really beautiful, and I just had to tell you.”
Women don’t think twice about showering each other with compliments. Men, however, don’t do so. That doesn’t mean a man won’t appreciate your kind words! If he looks good, let him know. There’s nothing wrong with heaping praise where praise is due.
- “I almost gave up on Bumble, but then I saw your profile.”
It’s a conversation starter, and definitely will help boost his ego.
- “I think my phone’s busted. It keeps telling me it doesn’t have your number.”
This is the sort of pick up line that works, whether on Bumble or real life. Just make sure you’re cheeky rather than trying to be some kind of female James Bond.
- “You’re so cute you made me drop my pick up line.”
No further comment required here.
- “N’Sync or Backstreet Boys? Only one can survive — the other is deleted from history.”
When using an app like Bumble, you don’t want to open with a greeting then leave it at that. You want to spark a conversation and keep it going. A puzzler like this one is definitely a good way to get the ball rolling.
- “I know what your shirt’s made of. It’s boyfriend material, right?”
- “Don’t tell me your name. I’ve decided to just call you mine.”
- “So is this the part where I ask you for your SSN and Netflix password?”
Throw him off balance with a joke like this and he can’t help but reply.
- “Just tell me you don’t clap after your plane lands and we can get married.”
Compatibility tests are common on dating apps like Bumble, but few of them ever talk about something as polarizing as plane clapping or pineapple on pizza. Customize your questions to get his attention.
- “Is it safe to Google you, or will I find something scandalous?”
- “Are you a convicted felon? Because I’m sure being that hot is illegal.”
It takes some brazenness to go with this line, because it’s a pretty cliche one. If it works, though, then you’re in luck.
- “I think you just winked at me. Did you wink at me?”
Of course he didn’t, but that’s not the point. Anything off the beaten path is a great way to grab attention on Bumble.
- “Avocado on toast, or extra guacamole on your taco?”
- “Should we mix things up and get dessert before dinner?”
Remember how guys like direct invites? This is another great option. You’re giving him a choice about what to eat and where to go, but without the whole asking him out part.
- “How would you convince me that you’re not a robot? [Wait for their response.] Ha! That’s exactly what a robot would say.”
If science fiction is your jam, this one is a great way to grab his attention. It’s funny, too, so you display not just your creative thinking, but also your humor.
- “I used to think gym selfies were passé, but yours are really good and I had to swipe right!”
- “I see you’re a [band] fan, too. They’re playing tomorrow night. Want to catch the show together?”
- “I’m pretty sure we’ve met. Weren’t you at that party last week?”
Whether you’ve actually met or not, this is a great way to break the ice. Just don’t spend too much time talking about other people. This is about you and your match.
- “Top artist on Spotify — go!”
- “I’m really craving Mexican food tonight. Taco or burrito?”
- “Aside from looking hot, what else are you into?”
- “Can I guess your email provider? It’s hot male, isn’t it?”
Yes, it’s pretty corny, and no one has heard of hotmail since the 90s. Even so, if he’s within that age range, he’ll definitely appreciate the throwback.
- “Are you a Disney prince, because you look like you’re magic.”
Who doesn’t want to be a Disney prince? It’s a cute way to compliment his looks without getting overtly sexual or creepy about things.
- “I’ve got stuff on the top shelf and I need help. Will you come over?”
Remember: only use this line with tall guys. Some men really enjoy getting complimented for their height, and — more importantly — for their usefulness. Besides, it’s a straight up invitation to your house, right? If that isn’t direct enough, then we don’t know what is.
- “I’m not cool enough for a suave pick up line, but I’m free tomorrow night. Drinks, on me?”
- “Three day weekend coming up. What are you up to?”
- “Let me guess: your dad’s a boxer, right? Because you’re looking like a real knockout.”
- “Have you heard of the Titanic? It’s a real icebreaker. [corn emoji]”
Using emojis isn’t entirely a bad thing, especially if you use them to poke a bit of fun at yourself. Going with a corny line followed by self awareness is always a great idea if you want to look goofy and relatable.
- “Stop, you’re making all the guys on Bumble look bad.”
- “What do you say we ditch this app and meet up in real life?”
Why bother with an app if you don’t have nay plans of taking it into the real world? Bumble is a means to help you find a great match, but what you do from there is completely up to you.
These pick up lines are the “opener”, so to speak. You want to break the ice, get him to talk to you, and keep the conversation going. Sticking to short answers and generic small talk isn’t going to be enough to keep the connection strong.
Click here: Best Dating Sites 2018
- Speed Dating Questions: 45 Of The Best You Can Ask Read more...
- Top 10 Psychological Tricks to Make Your Ex Want You Back Read more...
- How To Get A Guy To Ask You Out Read more...
- How To Make A Guy Fall In Love With You Read more...
- Cheesy Pick Up Lines: 50 Shocking Yet Effective One Liners Read more...
- Fun Date Ideas To Impress Your Partner Read more...
- How to Tease a Man You Like Read more...
- 12 Ways On How To Make A Girl Want You Real Bad Read more...
- How To Seduce A Woman with Words Read more...
- How To Get Over A Breakup Read more...
- 12 Signs A Woman Is Attracted To You Sexually Read more...
- Turn Offs For Girls: 21 Biggest Turn Offs Read more...
- 14 Techniques On How To Deal With An Angry Girlfriend Read more...
- How Guys Know When To Say I Love You Read more...
- How To Flirt With A Girl: 11 Steps To Up Your Game Read more...
- Tinder vs Bumble? Which Is The Best Dating App Read more...
- How To Get A Boyfriend: 11 Ways To Meet Guys Without Going Online Read more...
- Sexy Texts for Her — To Drive Her Wild Read more...
- 15 Signs You’re Falling In Love Read more...
- Why Can’t I Get A Girlfriend | 13 Reasons Why Read more...