Cheesy Pick Up Lines: 50 Shocking Yet Effective One Liners
You don’t have to be Casanova to win a girl’s heart. Here are the most effective though cheesy pick up lines to help you get the woman of your dreams.
Pick up lines have gotten a bad rap in the last few years, thanks to unscrupulous individuals who focused more on misogynist mentality than actual romance. They have become associated with the worst of the dating scene, and so a lot of decent men have — whether consciously or not — moved away from using them.
The truth is that there’s nothing wrong with pick up lines themselves. These are just cute ways to start a conversation, or to introduce yourself to a woman.
They are light-hearted, slightly corny, but — and this the most important — very effective. This is because the right pick up line can bring a smile to a girl’s lips, and give you a chance to chat her up and get to know her.
The key here is to acknowledge the fact that pick up lines are, by nature, very cheesy. With that awareness, you add levity to your approach and become a lot less intimidating.
How many times have you seen guys act like their cheesy pick up lines are the most suave one-liners known to mankind? These are the ones that crash and burn, because they can turn women off.
When you take these lines seriously, you can sound a little too forward. Some women may even find the lines trite and roll their eyes in boredom. You’re setting yourself up for failure.
You know what they say about things that are so bad, they come back right around and get good? That’s what these pick up lines are. You know they’re cheesy, you know they’re funny, and that’s the sort of attitude you want when you deploy them. It’s all about the awareness!
Instead of seriousness, you want to approach these lines with humor. Be fun! The mindset is very important in ensuring that these lines actually work.
Some guidelines, before you attempt to use these cheesy pick up lines:
- Respect her personal space. You want to chat her up, but you shouldn’t crowd her. Instead of maintaining that happy mood, you will end up intimidating her and she’ll most likely walk away.
- Commit and be confident in delivering the lines. If you fumble, you’re not going to get her number. It’s as simple as that.
- Your body language is just as important. If you’re too shy, shaky, or fearful, she’ll sense that immediately in the way you stand. You don’t want to be closed off, either, while trying to talk to her.
- It’s all about the charm. The content of your lines don’t matter as much, to be honest. It’s more important to deliver these lines with a charming demeanor that is non-threatening. We cannot emphasize this enough: we respond to casual rather than overtly aggressive approaches.
- Don’t be afraid to poke fun at yourself. If you imagine yourself James Bond, these lines won’t work. Some of them require a level of self-deprecation to pull off.
- You don’t want to be too sexual right off the bat. It can be very off-putting and awkward, plus it gives the wrong impression. The goal is to be humorous, not gross.
- Understand that the pick up lines are just to get your foot in the door. You need to be ready to keep the conversation going if she responds positively. A woman will not be entertained if you have nothing but pick up lines to offer.
- Don’t take the rejection to heart. We all have our personal preferences, so you don’t have to take a rejection that seriously. Move on and find someone else. It’s more important to try and put yourself out there until you find someone who enjoys your humor.
So, are you ready? Some of these cheesy pick up lines are already pretty well known. You may be familiar with some of them. The others are modernized riffs on old lines, made to fit the modern dating scene.
- “Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Were you saying something to me? No? Well, would you like to start now?”
- “I was going to say, ‘bless you,’ but looks like God already did.”
(Note: best used after she sneezes, but you can try and work it into other conversations if you have the chance.)
- “Have you ever dated an ugly guy? I guess there’s a first time for everything.”
- “Is that guy bothering you? No? Well, is it okay if I bother you instead?”
- “Stop, you’re making all the other girls in this bar look bad.”
- “Cute shoes. Wanna go out some time?”
(Note: compliments work, but you have to remember not to focus on her physical features too much. Something simple like complimenting her shoes has higher chances of getting a smile.)
- “I’m doing a survey with two questions, would you help me? First question, what’s your name. Second question, what’s your number?”
- “We’ve met, right? You’re the cute girl from the apartment across mine.”
(Note: just go with it. Obviously you know this isn’t true, but it’s a good way to break the ice. Let her correct your misconception.)
- “I need a woman’s advice. What should a man do to get a really cute girl’s number, aside from pretending to ask for her advice?”
- “First dates are always awkward, so what do you say we skip it and get to the second?”
- “I think my phone’s busted. I keep trying to look up your number but it’s not here.”
- “I think there’s something wrong with my eyes. Every time I look at you, everyone else gets blurry.”
- “Is your name Carmen San Diego? Because girl, where on earth have you been all my life?”
- “Can I take a photo of you? So I can show Santa what I want for Christmas.”
- “Do you believe in love at first sight, or would you like me to walk past again?”
- Hand her a small post-it note with your number. “Here, I promised myself I’d give this post-it to the cutest girl I’d see in this bar.”
- “Want to know a secret? I’m a Smurf when you’re not around, because I’m blue without you.”
- “You know it is illegal to be this pretty, right?”
- “Are you a janitor? Because you just swept me off my feet.”
- “Hi, I need a girlfriend for research purposes. It’s for science. Will you help me?”
- “I’ve always wanted to go to Disneyland with a pretty woman. Want to go with me?”
(Note: of course you can always substitute Disneyland with some other, more organic place. It depends on where you are and what sort of people you’re talking to.)
- “Did it hurt when you… sorry, I know that’s pretty corny. I had something totally better, but you’re so gorgeous I just forgot all about it.”
- “Can I guess your sign? It is ‘keep off the grass’, isn’t it?”
(Note: horoscopes are back in the news, and a lot of women find it an interesting piece of popular culture these days. No one takes it super seriously, but it’s a fun way to break the ice nonetheless. The “sign” part, you can always change up depending on what works best for you.)
- “My friends bet me I couldn’t get the prettiest girl in here to smile. Want to prove them wrong?”
- “I’ve pretty good with numbers. It’s true! You want to test it? Give me your number and I’ll show you.”
- “My shirt is really quite unique. Want to know what it’s made of? Boyfriend material.”
- “No way, you like breathing air, too? We’ve got so much in common.”
- “So do you take vitamins? There’s one you’re lacking, though. Vitamin me.”
(Note: a goofy smile really sells this line, because you’re trying to be cute and funny at the same time. Remember that it’s an innocent approach here, trying to get her to laugh at your silliness.)
- “I’m not religious, but I just feel like all my prayers got answered.”
- “My friend and I are having an argument, so we need your help to settle this. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but potatoes are fruits, right?”
- “I want to blame gravity, because i think I just fell for you.”
- “Just checking: did you swallow a magnet recently? Because you’re really attractive.”
- Bump into her (gently). “Ma’am, I’m going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.”
- “And they said Victoria’s Secret angels never come here. I guess they were all wrong.”
(Note: if Victoria’s Secret sounds a little too racy, replace it with celebrities or anyone else that’s famous. Remember that these lines are generic, but can be changed up to suit your specific situation.)
- “Can I get you a drink? No? Well, would you like to get me one?”
- “For a minute there I thought I was at the museum, because you look like a work of art.”
- “If I had a dollar every time a pretty girl smiled at me tonight, I’d have… zero dollars. I really want a dollar. Would you smile at me?”
- “I’m sure your coffee doesn’t need more sugar. You’re sweet enough as it is.”
- “I love your shoes! I have the exact same ones at home!”
(Note: definitely do this when she’s wearing heels. It’s guaranteed to get a laugh, and will make her a lot more receptive to your conversation.)
- “I believe in fair trade, so I’ll give you my number if you give me yours.”
- “My friends bet me I couldn’t get you to notice me. Drinks are on them!”
- “Is your dad a carpenter? Because Jesus Christ, you’re beautiful.”
- “Are you tired? Because you’ve been listening to bad pick up lines all night. Sorry about that, I’m [name].”
(Note: every girl has heard that old “because you’ve been running through my mind”. This is a bit of a play on that, so you twist her expectations. It’s a good way to get a smile.)
- “Hey, I’m going for a walk. Can you hold this for me?” Then extend your hand out to her.
- “Your name’s wifi, right? Because I’m feeling a real connection.”
- “Have they been messing with the thermostat, or are you always this hot?”
- “So from one to the United States of America, how free are you tomorrow night?”
- “You know, I’m not saying I’m Batman, but no one’s ever seen me and Batman in the same room together.”
- “Miss, I think you dropped something.” Then hand her your number on a piece of paper.
(Note: you shouldn’t be dramatic when you do this. Instead, give her a charming smile that lets her know you are completely aware of just how cheesy you’re being.)
- “Do you mind if I follow you home? Because my parents always said, follow your dreams.”
So why are these lines more successful than the sexual banter that a lot of men prefer? The truth is that men are usually misled by popular culture and therefore focus way too much on projecting the wrong values.
Women like men who take charge — that’s true. However, if you go the sexual route right off the bat, it can make women feel like they’re sexualized and objectified. Innuendos are great — if the woman is interested in playing that field with you.
However, going at it when she’s not interested — or worst, when she’s a complete stranger — isn’t going to succeed at all. Your banter won’t make her feel sexy; for her, your jokes are demeaning and disrespectful.
Instead, what works are the cheesy pick up lines that reflect positive values that women cherish. Humor is a big one, obviously, but there’s also humility. Self-deprecation is different from putting yourself down, and it makes you much more approachable.
Women tend to value this humility and will begin to see you as someone they might consider chatting with, even if just for this night. Displaying awareness of your own cheesiness is also a good way to show that you are even-tempered, fun, and honest.
These are excellent qualities that can put a woman at ease and that’s all you really need to show her that you’re a potential future date.
- Best Dating Sites 2018 Read more...
- How To Flirt With A Girl: 11 Steps To Up Your Game Read more...
- 10 Romantic Gifts For Her That Will Make You Her Super Star Read more...
- The No Contact Rule — 12 Reasons Why It Works Read more...
- How To Tell If A Girl Likes You Over Text Read more...
- Why Can’t I Get A Girlfriend | 13 Reasons Why Read more...
- 12 Ways To Tell There’s Chemistry Between Two People Read more...
- 12 Ways On How To Make A Girl Want You Real Bad Read more...
- How To Get A Guy To Ask You Out Read more...
- How To Get A Girlfriend In High School Read more...
- 11 Great Techniques On How To Text A Girl Read more...
- Jelqing: What Is It And Does It Work? Read more...
- 15 Signs You’re Falling In Love Read more...
- 21 Tinder Openers & Tinder Pick Up Lines Read more...
- How To Get Your Ex Back – The Ultimate Guide Read more...
- Cheesy Pick Up Lines: 50 Shocking Yet Effective One Liners Read more...